11 Tyne Street
Sumpter’s Exchange Chambers was built in 1876 for Mr George Sumpter a prominent pioneer and merchant. He became the first town clerk of Oamaru and later Mayor of Oamaru and founding member of the Oamaru Harbour Board.
Sumpter's Exchange is a single storey building and unlike many, the rear of the building facing onto Harbour Street features arched windows with side sills.
Sumpter's Exchange came into Trust ownership in 1989.