14 Harbour Street
Built as a grain store in 1882 to the design of Dennison and Grant this elegantly detailed, three story Victorian warehouse was built for the NZ Loan and Mercantile when it was the largest stock and station agency in New Zealand. The building was designed to hold 100,000 sacks of grain handled by four grain elevators. The end wall has been left with its quoins jutting outwards to key in a future addition.
The Loan and Mercantile building came into Trust ownership in 1989.