5 Tyne Street
Designed by Forrester and Lemon and built as an addition to the Criterion in 1877 and extending the number of bedrooms on the first floor of the hotel to 22. The hall way between the Criterion Hotel and Connell & Clowes was probably closed off when the hotel was purchased by G T Gillies Limited.
The first floor bedrooms are still in very original condition and restoration of them would again be a welcome addition to accommodation at the Criterion today. The ground floor provided the offices for Messrs. Connell & Clowes, commission agents.
A large single story warehouse at the rear of the building opens onto Harbour Street and connects through to the Tyne Street offices.
The building was purchased by the Trust 1995 and the exterior restored in 2001.